Carolina Counseling Services - How to Choose the Therapist that is the Right Fit for You
How Do I Set Up my FIRST Appointment?
- Call: (910) 246-0827 (Fastest way to schedule)
- Text: (910) 308-3291 (Reply will be via phone)
- Email: Click to send email (You must include your phone number, because replies will only be made by telephone to ensure security/privacy)
- Call or Text for your New Patient Appointment Anytime!
- Appointment scheduling for NEW clients: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm
- New client appts may be scheduled when therapists have openings, which may include daytime, evenings and weekends.
- Established/Standing Appointments are made directly with your therapist!
- Referrals: MOST beneficiaries do NOT need a Referral!
At one point in your life, you can be overwhelmed by feelings and problems that seem beyond too much to take. You may be experiencing marital conflicts, grief over the death of a loved one, burnout, depression or substance abuse; all of which are examples of problems and stresses of daily living that can incapacitate you. Most often, professional help is needed to work through these problems for a healthier, more productive life.
Getting psychological counseling is a proven solution, and seeing a specialist (Counselor/Therapist) is the first step to recovery. Finding the right therapist can be difficult, even frustrating, especially if you’re new to therapy. How can you be certain you’re getting the services of one who best fits your needs?
Here’s what you should pay attention to so you can find the right therapist for you.
- Credentials: When you’re in emotional pain, you want to be treated by a competent therapist. While there are MANY designations that can be attached to a therapist’s name (LPC, NCC, LCAS, LCSW, EMDR, MSW, MD, PhD, Psy D etc.), it’s important for a therapist to have professional credentials to substantiate intensive academic studies, supervised clinical experience and licensure from a credible licensing board or organization in their state. Licensed therapists practice their profession with high ethical and legal standards in order to provide the best care.
- Therapy Orientation: Therapists are guided by different theories that serve as the basis in understanding how problems developed and how they can be solved. Each therapist adheres to their own training which includes particular principles used to organize treatment and approach on how to interact with their clients. Common examples of theoretical orientations include cognitive-behavioral therapy and mindfulness. Therapists are distinguished by the theory they specialize in. Ultimately, no matter which techniques a therapist utilizes, you need to look for a therapist who can help you with your specific issues.
- Warm and Nurturing Environment for Therapy: The success of counseling may also depend on the environment and the relationship that the therapist provides for clients. The setting must be neat and quiet to secure confidentiality and privacy. Similarly, a solid client-therapist relationship is an important element for successful treatment. A therapist who can make you feel safe and comfortable during sessions is someone who can evoke the feeling of trust you need to have to be able to confide your innermost thoughts and feelings.
Finding Your Match
Therapists are not created equal. Even if you run the gamut of criteria and managed to find someone with all professional credentials it is still important to locate the perfect therapist for you. This is why at Carolina Counseling Services Southern Pines there are MANY independently contracted therapists with different approaches, philosophies, and personalities. Call now to request an appointment and we will match your needs with the best therapist we have to help you overcome your current emotional, behavioral or psychological condition. If you don’t feel like the therapist you meet during your first session is a good fit, you can always request another therapist! We want YOU to feel comfortable!
Confidential / Private Sessions
Carolina Counseling Services contracts with Licensed professional counselors/therapists/psychologists who provide a friendly, caring, and relaxed atmosphere in the Southern Pines/Pinehurst/Aberdeen/Raeford area. These independently contracted therapists/counselors assist adult individuals, couples, families, and children with resolving issues and getting back to enjoying their lives. Whether you are non-military or military, the independently contracted therapists with Carolina Counseling Services-Southern Pines are able and happy to assist you!
Serving Areas: Carolina Counseling Services
Counties: Moore county, NC, Lee County, NC, Montgomery County, NC, Richmond County, NC, Randolph County, NC, Chatham County, NC
Cities: Southern Pines NC, Pinehurst NC, Aberdeen NC, Taylortown NC, Pinebluff NC, West End NC, Seven Lakes NC, Eagle Springs NC, Ashley Heights NC, Ashmont NC, Five Points NC, Wind Blow NC, Jackson Springs NC, Whispering Pines NC, Vass NC, Cameron NC, Carthage NC, Eastwood NC, Lakeview NC, Narrow Ridge NC, Robbins NC, Roseland NC, Tramway NC, Troy NC, Zion Grove NC, Biscoe NC